Hubritic Anomaly

Contact Hubris . . .here

I stick it here, that way it's out of MY head.
Includes:
Politics, War,
Music: Stuff I like
Photos: Stuff I took myself, and stuff I saw and liked
Conspiracies:'There are no conspiracies, it's all in your head'

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Old First Communion photos found!

A friend of mine, working in an old photo library, sent me some old black and white photos of Irish children undergoing the sacrament of their First Communion. The first photo has the words St Patrick's National School, Drumcondra, 1959 scrawled on the back of it using what looks like one of those old fountain pens that you had to put the ink into yourself.

I thought it was a wonderful example of an Ireland of the past, before we got all corrupted by materialism and greed, and felt it would be educational to post it here, in order to remind myself, and others of a simpler, more pure Ireland, an Ireland closer to the crossroad-dancing idyll envisaged by our dear leader Dev, than the rampant Celtic Tiger we have today.

First Communion Class, St Patrick's National School, Drumcondra, 1959

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


DISCLAIMER:THE POSTING OF STORIES, COMMENTARIES, REPORTS, DOCUMENTS AND LINKS (EMBEDDED OR OTHERWISE) ON THIS SITE DOES NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, NECESSARILY EXPRESS OR SUGGEST ENDORSEMENT OR SUPPORT OF ANY OF SUCH POSTED MATERIAL OR PARTS THEREIN.

1 Comments:

Blogger tankfly said...

Romantic Ireland's dead and gone,
It's with O'Leary in the Grave

Sun May 06, 01:58:00 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker